Wrapped BCH – Symbol : xBCH
This token is a Wrapped BCH, it derives its pricing from a composite global pricing of Bitcoin Cash in USD in real time. It represents the actual digital asset and all transactions occur on-chain on Pecu Novus. They are primarily used for staking protocols and volume will typically be thin.
What is a Wrapped Token?
A wrapped token is a digital asset that represents another cryptocurrency on a different blockchain or a physical asset. For example, a wrapped Bitcoin (xBTC) is a token that represents one Bitcoin on the Pecu Novus blockchain. Wrapped tokens are created by locking up the underlying asset in a smart contract on the original blockchain and then issuing a corresponding number of tokens on the new blockchain.
Wrapped tokens are useful because they allow users to interact with different blockchains and ecosystems. For example, xBTC allows users to trade Bitcoin on decentralized exchanges (DEXes) on the Pecu Novus blockchain such as HootDex, which would not be possible otherwise.
Wrapped tokens are also useful for staking protocols. For example, users can lend their xBTC on a DeFi platform on the Pecu Novus blockchain to earn fee’s or interest, or if available they can borrow xBTC to use in other DeFi applications on the Pecu Novus blockchain.
Here are some of the benefits of using wrapped tokens:
Interoperability: Wrapped tokens allow users to interact with different blockchains and ecosystems. This can be useful for trading, lending, borrowing, and other DeFi applications.
Efficiency: Wrapped tokens can be more efficient to use than native tokens on some blockchains. For example, xBTC transactions are processed faster and cheaper than Bitcoin transactions on the Bitcoin blockchain.
Security: Wrapped tokens are typically backed by the underlying asset in a smart contract. This makes them more secure than some other types of digital assets.
As a courtesy HootDex is sharing Yahoo Quote Links for traders to chart pricing outside of HootDex. Click below to view the chart:
LATEST CRYPTO & FINANCIAL NEWS
- This altcoin can explode 500% if current momentum holds - Finbold - Finance in Bold
- This Is Why Cardano (ADA) Price Is Up Over 60% in a Week - BeInCrypto
- Javier Milei: Why Argentina's Libertarian President Entices Hope in Bitcoiners - Bitcoin Magazine
- Bitcoin’s Bull Run Should Remind Investors Not To Repeat Past Mistakes - Forbes
- 3 No-Brainer Cryptos to Buy Before the End of 2023 - The Motley Fool
- Russia Passes Tax Law Governing The Digital Ruble - Russia Briefing
- Here Are Three Possible Bitcoin Bull Run Scenarios, According to Ex-Goldman Sachs Executive Raoul Pal - The Daily Hodl
- How historic turnover on Capitol Hill could shape business issues in 2024 and beyond - Yahoo Finance
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Surges, Outshining Gold in 2023 Rally - Cryptonews
- BlackRock and Bitwise Update Spot Bitcoin ETF Filings; Find out Why NuggetRush Has Become the Go-to Investment for Massive Gains - Finbold - Finance in Bold
- Altcoin bull cycle picks by analyst: Ethereum, ChainLink, Arbitrum, Optimism - FXStreet
- Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $1 Trillion in 2024 - The Motley Fool
- Cardano founder says crypto industry 'doesn't need Bitcoin to survive' - Finbold - Finance in Bold
- Bitcoin's All Time High Surge Similar To Historic Run In 2021 - CoinGape
- Solana continues to see inflows from the Ethereum chain, SOL price sustains above $72 - FXStreet
- This Week’s Top Performers Revealed as BTC Price Remains Around $44K (Weekend Watch) - CryptoPotato
- Dogecoin (DOGE) Forecast: $0.14 in Sight - Fact or Fiction? - Analytics Insight
- Cantons of Basel, Zurich settle digital bonds with wholesale CBDCs - CoinGeek
- Crypto Prices Today: BTC, Pepe Coin Plummet As FLR Notes Strong Gains - CoinGape
- Pudgy Penguins to Launch Webkinz-like Virtual World in 2024 - CoinDesk