Wrapped XAG – Symbol : xXAG
This token is a Wrapped XAG, it derives its pricing from a composite global pricing of Spot AG in USD in real time. It represents the physical asset and all transactions occur on-chain on Pecu Novus. They are primarily used for staking protocols and volume will typically be thin.
What is a Wrapped Token?
A wrapped token is a digital asset that represents another cryptocurrency on a different blockchain or a physical asset. For example, a wrapped Bitcoin (xBTC) is a token that represents one Bitcoin on the Pecu Novus blockchain. Wrapped tokens are created by locking up the underlying asset in a smart contract on the original blockchain and then issuing a corresponding number of tokens on the new blockchain.
Wrapped tokens are useful because they allow users to interact with different blockchains and ecosystems. For example, xBTC allows users to trade Bitcoin on decentralized exchanges (DEXes) on the Pecu Novus blockchain such as HootDex, which would not be possible otherwise.
Wrapped tokens are also useful for staking protocols. For example, users can lend their xBTC on a DeFi platform on the Pecu Novus blockchain to earn fee’s or interest, or if available they can borrow xBTC to use in other DeFi applications on the Pecu Novus blockchain.
Here are some of the benefits of using wrapped tokens:
Interoperability: Wrapped tokens allow users to interact with different blockchains and ecosystems. This can be useful for trading, lending, borrowing, and other DeFi applications.
Efficiency: Wrapped tokens can be more efficient to use than native tokens on some blockchains. For example, xBTC transactions are processed faster and cheaper than Bitcoin transactions on the Bitcoin blockchain.
Security: Wrapped tokens are typically backed by the underlying asset in a smart contract. This makes them more secure than some other types of digital assets.
LATEST FINANCIAL NEWS
- After 50 years, US to return to Moon on January 25 - FRANCE 24 English
- ‘You couldn’t see anything:’ NTSB documents reveal new details on airliner near-collision - CNN
- US Treasury Market Has Best Month Since 1980s, Leading Stocks, Credit to Rally - Bloomberg
- World's Most Expensive Cities 2023: Singapore, Zurich Overtake New York - Bloomberg
- $15 Tolls Likely for New York’s Congestion Pricing Program - The New York Times
- Spirit Airlines offers buyouts to salaried employees to cut costs - CNBC
- Kraft debuts dairy-free mac and cheese in the US - The Associated Press
- Cash versus bonds? Pros weigh what to buy for the next 2 years and beyond - CNBC
- Dow futures rise as benchmark nears new 2023 high: Live updates - CNBC
- Dow Futures Rise: 4 Tech Winners Late; Tesla Cybertruck On Tap - Investor's Business Daily
- Disney Board Shuffle: Former Sky Chief Jeremy Darroch, Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman Appointed Directors As Francis A. deSouza Plans To Surrender His Seat - Deadline
- S&P 500 ends lower on mixed Fed messages, PCE on deck - Reuters
- WSJ News Exclusive | Cigna, Humana in Talks for Blockbuster Merger - The Wall Street Journal
- Snowflake earnings smash expectations as CEO cheers 'stabilizing' conditions - MarketWatch
- Michigan installs the US's first wireless EV charging public roadway - Electrek.co
- S&P 500 wobbles to lower close on mixed Fed messages, strong GDP data - Reuters
- Billionaire megadonor Bill Ackman says Biden should step aside - The Hill
- Tesla’s stock fought the downtrend and the downtrend won, for now - MarketWatch
- Favoring 5% savings accounts and CDs over stocks now? Think again. - MarketWatch
- Mortgage demand rises again as rates drop to 10-week low - Fox Business