Exchange FIX Best Practices #
To optimize your FIX set up, spread traffic over as many portfolios as possible to minimize order-entry latencies.
You should adhere to the following:
- 1 API key per session/connection to guarantee a connection
- 75 maximum connections per profile
- 175 maximum connections per user across all profiles
Batch Messages #
We strongly recommend batch messages for both order entry and cancellation.
- Can have up to 15 orders / cancels per request.
- Only count for a single message for the purposes of rate limiting.
- Can be more efficient to process compared to the equivalent individual requests.
Modify Order Requests #
We strongly recommend Modify Order Requests where applicable.
Modify Order Requests:
- Keep your place in the order book queue when size is amended down.
- Result in 50% fewer messages when compared to canceling an existing order and placing a new one.
- Reduce your overall rate limit usage when compared to sending a cancellation followed by a new order.
- Can be more efficient to process compared to the equivalent individual cancel and new order requests.