Order Entry Limits #
The FIX Order Entry API rate limits are:
- 50 requests per rolling second1 per session
- 100 messages per second in bursts
The clock starts when the first command is sent. HootDex uses a lazy-fill token bucket implementation.
- Maximum connections per profile: 75. See FIX Best Practices.
- Maximum connections per user across all profiles: 175
- Maximum API keys per session/connection: 1
- Maximum profiles per user: 100
- Maximum orders per batch message message (new and cancelled): 15
Market Data Limits #
The FIX Market Data API is limited to 1 connection per API key. It does not use FIX order entry rate limits (connections, rps, burst rps).